5th Annual Pam’s Run
5K Run/Walk, 10K Run and Kids’ Fun Run (ages 2-7)
Pam’s Run has options for anyone who wants to hit the pavement: 5K Run, 5K Walk, 10K Run and Kids’ Fun Run. With the 5K and 10K courses traversing neighborhoods in north Wayland, runners are surrounded by the beautiful colors of autumn in New England.
Sunday, October 15, 2017
Click here for results. Photos will be posted soon.
- 8:15AM-9:45AM Registration and Bib Pickup
- 9:50AM Welcome from our Grand Marshal, Dr. Michael Seiden
- 9:55AM Instructions to runners and National Anthem
- 10:00AM 5K and 10K races
- Kids’ Fun Run following the main races, at approximately 11:00 AM
- Kids’ activities from 9AM to noon.
- Race day registration.
- Cash prizes for 1st ($100), 2nd ($50) and 3rd ($25) place – you must be present at our awards presentation to collect the cash award
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishers from each age group in the 5K and 10K
- Age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+
- Free shirt if you register before midnight September 29
- Chip-timed start and finish
- Kids’ Activities: Fun Run for ages 2-7, obstacle course, crafts, yoga and more!
5K Run/Walk: $40 (race day fee)
10K Run: $50 (race day fee)
Kids Run: $15 (includes a t-shirt)
Claypit Hill School
40 Adams Ln, Wayland, MA 01778
Live Music, Cash Awards, Kids Activities, Photo Booth
Pam’s Run features a family friendly celebration with live music, food and fun for everyone. Cash Prizes (winners must be present to win prizes and awards). Instant Win Raffle – only $5 – automatically win great prizes like Broadway in Boston tickets, Celtics tickets, gift cards, Bluetooth earbuds and much more!
Kids activities generously donated by Dance Fit Studio and Jam Time.
Joint Ventures Physical Therapy and Fitness
109 Andrew Avenue #102, Wayland, MA 01778
- Wednesday, October 11th; 7:00am-8:00pm
- Thursday, October 12th; 7:00am-8:00pm
Race Day Pickup:
Bib numbers and other check-in materials may be picked up on race day from 8:15 – 9:30am. Pre-registered runners can head straight to the Pre-registered tent.
Parking at Claypit Hill School is limited. Onsite parking will be available until 7:45am or until the available spots there are filled. Once the parking lot is full, you will be directed to park on Decatur Rd. and Hidden Springs Rd., a short walk from the starting line and festivities area. Cars may be parked on one side of the road only, at the request of the Wayland Fire Department. We will be running a shuttle service between parking areas and race festivities. Please use the intersection of Claypit Hill Rd. and Adams Ln. for drop-off and pick-up.
5K and 10K Courses
The 5K course is mostly flat as it winds through beautiful neighborhoods in north Wayland. At mile 2, there is one short hill (about .1 mile long). Thereafter, the course is mostly flat allowing for a fast finish. The course includes one water stop.
The 5K course runs long, at 3.4 miles. We have given consideration to adding a second timing mat to appropriately adjust the course length. However, in order to remain true to the fundraising spirit of this charity event, we have chosen to maximize the proceeds going to Neighbor Brigade and streamline our costs by having just one timing mat. We do, however, have the timing company adjust pace per mile to reflect a 3.4 distance rather than a 3.1 distance.
The 10K course is well-shaded by colorful fall foliage and is mostly flat until a short hill at mile 2. The course continues through beautiful conservation land with a few small undulating hills on a country dirt road for approximately one mile.
After mile 3, the course turns onto Concord Road with rolling hills and a few long downhill stretches between miles 4 and 5. After a short climb at mile 5.5 on Claypit Hill Road, runners can kick in their final gear on this flat finish. The course includes two water stops.