10th Annual Pam’s Run – We’re back!
Pam’s Run has options for anyone who wants to hit the pavement: 5K Run, 5K Walk, 10K Run and Kids’ Fun Run. With the 5K and 10K courses traversing neighborhoods in north Wayland, runners are surrounded by the beautiful colors of autumn in New England.
Sunday, October 16, 2022
5K and 10K Gun Time: 10AM
Awards: 10:45AM (approximate)
Kids’ Run: 11AM
Registration opens June 1st
Discounted early bird registration through September 29
- 5K and 10K: Cash awards for 1st ($150), 2nd ($100) and 3rd ($50) male and female runners. You must be present at our awards presentation to collect the cash award
- Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishers from each age division in the 5K and 10K
- Kids’ Run: Ribbons for all finishers.
- 5K and 10K: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+
- Kids’ Run: 2-4, 5-7, 8-9
- Walkers: All ages!
- Registration fees: $40 5K; $50 10K; $15 Kids’ Run – Early bird discounts and team discounts are available. See details on the Get Involved page.
- Free shirt for early-bird registrations
- Chip-timed start and finish
- Kids’ Activities: Fun Run for ages 2-9 (3 age groups), obstacle course, crafts, and more! Kids Activities Tent opens at 9AM and the Kids’ Fun Run is at 11.
- Every Fun Run participant must be registered and have a numbered bib. The registration table, located in the main registration area, will be open until 10:45AM. The first 100 Kids’ Run participants registered will get a free t-shirt.
T-Shirt and Bib Pick-up
Free T-Shirt for early-bird registration. We will have pre-race packet pickup available several days prior to race day. Details will be posted here and on our social media pages. You may also elect not to receive a t-shirt during the registration process.
Parking at Claypit Hill School is limited. Once the parking lot is full, you will be directed to park on Decatur Rd. and Hidden Springs Rd., a short walk from the starting line and festivities area. Cars may be parked on one side of the road only, at the request of the Wayland Fire Department. We will be running a shuttle service between parking areas and race festivities. Please use the intersection of Claypit Hill Rd. and Adams Ln. for drop-off and pick-up. Volunteers will be assisting with parking information, directions and maps.
The 5K course is mostly flat as it winds through beautiful neighborhoods in north Wayland. At mile 2, there is one short hill (about .1 mile long). Thereafter, the course is mostly flat allowing for a fast finish. The course includes one water stop.
Please note that the 5K course runs long, at 3.4 miles. We have given consideration to adding a second timing mat to appropriately adjust the course length; however, in order to remain true to the fundraising spirit of this charity event, we have chosen to maximize the proceeds going to Neighbor Brigade and streamline our costs by having just one timing mat. The timing company will adjust pace per mile to reflect a 3.4 distance rather than a 3.1 distance.
The 10K course is well-shaded by colorful fall foliage and is mostly flat until a short hill at mile 2. The course continues through beautiful conservation land with a few small undulating hills on a country dirt road for approximately one mile.
After mile 3, the course turns onto Concord Road with rolling hills and a few long downhill stretches between miles 4 and 5. After a short climb at mile 5.5 on Claypit Hill Road, runners can kick in their final gear on this flat finish. The course includes two water stops.